It is rainy out today, but that does not mean you should forget about summer. Summer will be here soon, and that means the Pittsburgh Vintage Grand Prix will be here before you know it. This year the event will be July 18-29th 2015 at Schenley Park. You can learn more about the PVGP here.
Every July, Schenley Park is the scene of one of the area’s largest and most unique car shows. The Pittsburgh Vintage Grand Prix stages an International Car Show – a combined show of over 2,000 cars. It’s an weekend show open to anyone – no invitation is needed. All makes, all years, all countries, including the U.S. are welcome, whether or not you’re with a car club. You’ll be a part of the show with the best parking spot all weekend to watch the vintage races on the streets surrounding the golf course. Shine up your ride and be a part of the show! Open to all cars of all years.
The entrance to International Car Show is at the top of Schenley Drive where it intersects Forbes Avenue in Squirrel Hill, just below the Schenley Park Golf Course clubhouse. We suggest you preregister online or through the mail. Drive-up entries are welcome but don’t guarantee a free dash plaque or race program ($10 value).
Gates open at 9:30 AM and Car Shows run from 11:00 AM until 4:00 PM on the weekend.
The cost to participate in the weekend cars show is only $30. Entrants park on the golf course and receive a free dash plaque and race program. Conversely, Public parking on Flagstaff Hill is $15 per day and you park half a mile away and do not receive a race program or dash plaque. Sorry no single day discounts for car show entrants. Many of the car shows are hosted by car clubs and include options for lunch and other amenities.
The PVGP’s International Car Show is comprised of over 2,000 cars including classic, antique, and exotic vehicles from all countries – see below for details on each event. For info email Car Show Chairperson Bob Speer.
Please visit links below for individual car show details and to register:
- American Car Show
- Asian Car Show
- Audi Car Show – Hosted by Audi Club of Western PA
- British Car Day – Hosted by the Western PA Triumph Club
- BMW Car Show – Hosted by the Allegheny Region of the BMW Club of America
- Concours at the PVGP Hosted by the GPADA
- European Car Show
- Italian Cortile Car Show – Hosted by Algar Ferrari & Mid Atlantic Sports Cars
- Jaguar Concours – Hosted by the Jaguar Club of Pittsburgh
- Lotus Car Show – Hosted by Wright Lotus of Pittsburgh
- MINI Marque of the Year – Hosted by Pitt-Stop MINI Club and MINI of Pittsburgh
- Mercedes-Benz Car Show – Hosted by the Mercedes-Benz Club of Pittsburgh
- Porsche Car Show – Hosted by the Allegheny Region Porsche Club of America
- Subaru Car Show – Hosted by the Pittsburgh Area Subaru Dealers
- Vintage Motorbike Show Hosted by the W.PA. Moto Guzzi Club
- Volkswagen Car Show – Hosted by the Three Rivers VW Club
- Exotic Car Display – Hosted by Cars n Coffee Pittsburgh
- Larry Smith Award – In Honor of Larry Smith, the PVGP Car Show Founder