Have you gone to the car wash yet this spring? The warm weather is staying consistent, which means it is the best time to get a wash and wax at Mr. Magic. Do not waste the time to wash your car at home. Washing at Mr. Magic saves time and water! Do not believe us? Check out the statistics below or at autos.com
Environmental Reasons to Use an Auto Car Wash
- Washing your vehicle at home can easily use 150 gallons of water, where a touchless or brushless auto car wash will use approximately 35 gallons.
- The soaps and detergents used to wash the vehicle, along with the grunge that comes off it, can sink into the ground and pollute the local ground water supply.
- Auto car washes reclaim the water used for washing. The water is cleaned and treated before being reused for subsequent car washes.
Personal Reasons to Use an Auto Car Wash
- Washing your vehicle by hand (scrubbing with sponges and brushes) actually produces tiny scratches in the paint. This is caused by fine particles of dirt, sand and silt that become trapped in your brush or sponge. By car washing at home, you are actually degrading the finish.
- The scratches produced by washing with brushes and sponges can be as deep as 10% of the thickness of the paint. Auto brushless or touchless car washes use a high pressure spray of water to remove the dirt off the surface before it is washed, and the materials used to clean the surface of the vehicle are continually being rinsed to prevent any accumulation of grit.
Weekly cleaning helps the finish last longer, because dirt traps moisture against the vehicle’s finish and promotes rust. Cleaning a car’s finish weekly in an auto touchless or brushless car wash environment can eliminate the corrosive actions that dirt, salt and pollution can create, which will help keep your car looking good and help keep the resale value up.